As one of Australasia’s most skilled tunnelling contractors we’re renowned for our road header, TBM, pipe-jacking and micro tunnelling expertise and our capacity to provide fully integrated engineering and construction solutions. Our expertise covers the whole range of tunnelling from specialist soft ground techniques (full faced balanced earth pressure machines) through to hard rock tunnelling using TBMs, drill/blast and roadheader methods.
Our technical expertise is matched by intuitive relationship management skills and our capacity to perform works under various contract types including joint venture, early contractor involvement, public private partnership, and design and construct.
Some of our notable tunnelling and underground projects include:
- Project Milestone – Singapore Metro Tunnelling Completed at Beauty World
Ambuklao and Binga Hydro Powerplants Rehabilitation, Philippines. Successful rehabilitation and construction of civil structures, shafts and tunnels associated with the powerplants. Download Project Feature
Bogong Hydro Scheme, design and construction of 6 km of 5 m diameter headrace tunnel, two vertical shafts, a 1 km steel-lined high pressure tunnel, a power station to house twin 70 MW generators, and a tailrace outfall into Lake Guy, Kiewa Valley, Victoria, Australia.
- Construction of 1,200 m long conveyor decline at Mandalong, NSW, Australia.
- Blue Mountains Sewer Tunnel, NSW - excavation of approximately 18 km of gravity tunnels completed some 18 months ahead of schedule and achieved several world records for tunnelling. This tunnel (supported by rock bolts and shotcrete) had a 13 km continually advancing conveyor system to remove spoil as well as 12 No. ventilation shafts.
- Senoko to Gambas Cable Tunnel, Singapore - Design and construct twin cable tunnels, 3.7 metre diameter, total length 3.4km together with 3 main access shafts and ME&I fit-out.
- Eastern Distributor Project - southern tunnels section - excavation of double-decker road tunnels by heading and benching methods with roadheaders with hydraulic breakers in Sydney sandstone