Our creative approach to civil and marine infrastructure projects isn’t the only thing that sets us apart from our competition. It’s our engineering capability. This difference means we think outside the box, explore every possible project solution, and find the best one for you. So whether it’s a port, jetty, wharf, dam, outfall, seawall, bridge, road, rail or industrial project we offer solutions that deliver value.
Civil infrastructure: major project construction involving complex and intricate foundations and structures in the energy, oil and gas, pulp and paper, steel and industrial sectors, and in the public sector.
Marine: a strength for 45 years, with world-first design and construct solutions. Projects include wharves, jetties, marinas, dredging and reclamation, sea protection and submarine pipelines.
Power: coal and gas fired power stations for international power station developers, co - generation plants. Design and construct solutions for all facets of power station construction.
Industrial Buildings: Design and construction of specialist industrial buildings is a key aspect of McConnell Dowell's multi-discipline capabilities for all heavy industry sectors.
Dams: earth and rock dams, vee dams.
Water and Waste Water: water supply, treatment and disposal: reservoirs, storage ponds, treatment and pumping facilities, submarine outfalls and pipelines.
Transportation: roads, bridges, airports and railways.
Some of our notable civil and marine projects include:
- Hin Leong Terminals, Singapore - largest marine terminal in Singapore
- Kogan Creek Power Station Civil, Building & Chimney Erection, Queensland
- Common User Facility for Port Adelaide Maritime Corporation, Adelaide, South Australia
- Very Large Crude Carriers & Twin Jetties Project, Singapore
- Pilbara Infrastructure Port for the Fortescue Metals Project, Western Australia
- Dampier Port Upgrade Project Phases A & B, Western Australia
- Cape Lambert Port, Western Australia
- Pilbara Infrastructure Port (FMG) Stage 2, Western Australia
- Lower Southern and Western Suburbs Ocean Outfall Sewer Rehabilitation, Sydney, New South Wales
- Christchurch Ocean Outfall, South Island, New Zealand
- Tahuna Outfall, Dunedin New Zealand
- Narre Warren Cranbourne Road Duplication & Grade Separation Project, Victoria
- Route 1 Phase 5 Roading Project, American Samoa
- Meander RCC Dam, Tasmania